Tissue elongation by traction dates back thousands of years to African tribes. Many of the early medical references for effective tissue stretching, now applied to straightening a bent penis, date back to 1993.
The initial medical use of the stretching process to elongate skin and body tissue was used in reconstructive surgeries.
Fixing a bent penis with a traction device dates back to 1994.
The penis traction device was invented by Dr. Jorn Ege Siana MD.
Dr. Siana specialized in penis lengthening (surgical). He invented the traction device as an aid for correct healing of the penis after surgery.
Dr. Siana soon realized the benefits that could be received from using the device outside of surgery and Penis traction device. This is where the current medically approved devices originated.
- Johnson-TM; Lowel-L; Brown-MD; Sullivan-MJ; Nelson-BR; History and physiology of tissue expansion. Applies to a bent penis. J-Dermatol-Surg-Oncol. 1993 Dec; 19(12): 1074-8
- Robinson-JK editorial. Tissue expansion: A new way to achieve an old goal in dermatologic surgery. J-Dermatol-Surg-Oncol. 1993 Dec; 19(12): 1063-4
- Riuz-Razura-A; Layton-EG Jr; Williams-JL Jr; Cohen-BE Clinical applications of accute intraoperative arterial elongation. J-Reconstr-Micosurg. 1993 Sept; 9(5): 335-40
- Poirier-P; Passuti-N; Touchais-S; Bainvel-JV Value of cutaneous expansion in the repair of skin defects after posterior surgical intervention on the spine. Rev-Chir-Orthop-Reparatrice-Appar-Mot. 1993; 79(5): 418-22
- Bannerot-H; Garnier-D; Ricbourg-B Forum on tissue expansion. Fast continuous expansion. As for a bent penis. A 3 year evaluation of it use from a retrospective study of 78 cases. Ann-Chir-Plast-Esthet. 1993 Feb; 38(1): 41-7
- Ferrand-JY; Faivre-J; Pailheret-JP Forum on tissue expansion. Value of cutaneous expansion for the covering of synthetic materials used in cranioplasty. Ann-Chir-Plast-Esthet. 1993 Feb. 38(1): 23-6
- Paonessa-Kj; Hostnik-Wj; Zide-BM Use of tissue expanders in wound closure: spinal infections or dehiscence. Orthop-Clim-North-Am. Jan 1966; 27(1): 155-70
- Carramaschi-F; Gemperli-M; Speranzini-M; Ferreira-MC (immediate and late reconstruction of the breast using tissue expanders) Rev-Hosp-Clin-Fac-Med-Sao-Paulo. 1995 50 Suppl: 6-9
- Cohen-M Alopecia: an unfavorable result using a skin stretching device. Plast-Reconstr-Surg. 1995; Sep 96(3): 747-8
- Day-TA; Aardstad-RF; Hoasjoe-DK; Stucker-FJ; The use of tissue expanders in the correction of ectropion in an animal model Laryngoscope. 1995 Apr 105 (4 Pt 1); 365-7
- Hallock-CG Safety of Clinical overinflation of tissue expanders. Plast-Reconstr-Surg. 1195 July; 96(1): 153-7
- Jackson-WB; Goldson-AL; Staud-C Postopperative irradation following immediate breast reconstruction using a temporary tissue expander. J-Natl-Med-Ass0c. 1994 Jul; B6(7); 538-42
- Lew-D; Fusuler-JW The effect of pulsed expansion of subfascially placed expanders on the extent and duration of mitosis in the capsule and rat integument. J-Oral-Maxillofac-Surg. 1993 Feb; 51(2): 154-8
- May-JW Jr; Bucky-LP; Sohoni-S; Ehrlich-HP Smooth versus textured expander implants; a double blind study of capsule quality and discomfort in simultaneous bilateral breast reconstruction patients. Comment in: Ann-Plast-Surg 1995 February; 34(2):221 Ann-Plast-Surg 1994 Mar; 225-32; discussion 232-3
- Faivre-J; Faivre-JM; Breast reconstruction after mastectomy or breat amputation. Contracept-Fertil-Sex. 1993 Feb; 21(2): 163-6
- Spodnik-GJ; Pavletic-MM; Clark-GN; Schelling-SK; Kraus-Kh Controlled tissue expansion in the distal extremities if dogs. Vet-Surg. 1993 Nov-Dec; 22(6); 436-43
- Paulhe-P; Aubert-JP; Magalon-G Forum on tissue expansion. Are tissue expansion and radiotherapy compatible? Ann-Chir-Plast-Esthet. 1993 Feb; 38(1): 54-61
- Whitnet-TM; Ramasastry-S; Furtell-JW Combined tissue expansion and free tissue transfer for reconstruction of the hand in epidermolysis bullosa-associated malignancy. Ann-Plast-Surg. 1993 Dec; 31(6): 552-5
- Aubert-JP; Paulhe-P; Magalon-G Forum on tissue expansion. Expansion of the upper limb. Ann-Chir-Plast-Esthet. 1992 Feb; 38(10: 34-40
- Foyatier-JL; Comparin-JP; Latarjet-J; Delay-E; Spitalier-P; Masson-CL Forum on tissue expansion. Repair of sequelae of facial burns by cervical cutaneous expansion. Ann-Chir-Plast-Esthet. 1993 Feb. 38(1): 27-33
- Anger-J; Szego-T; Use of videoscopy as an aid as an aid in the placement of tissue expanders. Rev-Paul-Med. 1993 Mar-Apr; 111(2): 363-6
- Foyatier-JL; Delay-E; Comparin-JP; Latarjet-J; Masson-CL Forum on tissue expansion. Expansion of the scalp. Surgical techniques and clinical applications. Ann-Chir-Plast-Esthet. 1993 Feb. 38(1): 11-22
- Brown-MD; Johnson-TM; Complications of tissue expansion. J-Dermatol-Surg-Oncol. 1993 Dec; 19(12): 1120-2
- Mandy-SH Intraoperative expander-assisted scalp reduction. J-Dermatol-Surg-Oncol. 1993 Dec; 19(12): 1117-9
- Frodel-JL; Whotaker-DC Primary reconstruction of cingenital facial lesion defects with tissue expansion. J-Dermatol-Surg-Oncol. 1993 Dec; 19(12): 1110-6
- Matarasso-SL; Matarasso-A; Glogau-RG Permanent tissue expansion. - As in bent penis straightening. - J-Dermatol-Surg-Oncol. 1993 Dec; 19(12): 1103-5
- Carruthers-A Tissue expansion and Mohs micrographic surgery. J-Dermatol-Surg-Oncol. 1993 Dec; 19(12): 1106-9
- Collins-SA; Swanson-NA; Chronic tissue expansion. J-Dermatol-Surg-Oncol. 1993 Dec; 19(12): 1090-8
- Auletta-MJ; Matarasso-SL; Glogau-RG; Tomovitch-TA Comparison of skin hooks and Foley cathaters for immediate tissue expansion. J-Dermatol-Surg-Oncol. 1993 Dec; 19(12): 1084-8
- Spauwen-PH; Wobbes-T Immediate breast reconstruction following treatment for breast carcinoma. Ned-Tijdschr-Geneeskd 1993 Nov; 137(46): 2370-4
- Greenbaum-SS Intraoperative tissue expansion with the Foley catheter. J-Dermatol-Surg-Oncol. 1993 Dec; 19(12):1079-83
- Bennett-RG; Hirt-M A history of tissue expansion. Concepts,
controversies, and complications. Before the bent penis traction device.
J-Dermatol-Surg-Oncol. 1993 Dec; 19(12): 1066-73