Men often ask me, "How do I know if I have Peyronies Disease ?"
The only way to know for sure is to get checked by a
But, the simple "yes" or "no" questions below will give you a very good indication if you have this condition or if your condition is something else. Remember, these questions do not take the place of an actual physical examination.
1) Can you feel a lump or lumps on the shaft of your penis?
2) Do you feel pain when you touch these lumps?
3) When you get an erection, does your penis bend in the direction of the lump?
4) When you get an erection do you experience pain that you did not have before you got the lump(s)? Is that pain in the area of the lump(s)?
5) Is sexual intercourse now painful or difficult because of poor quality erections?
6) Is the pain, penile curvature, or the inability to achieve a good erection interfering with or causing problems with your sex life?
7) Can you remember any injury to your penis, even 20 or more years ago?
Even though this is a very basic evaluation, it is a very practical one. All of these characteristics are common to a Peyronies condition.
Not every question requires a "yes" answer. But, the more times you answered "yes", the greater the possibilities are that you have developed Peyronies Disease.
It is also common for men with a rare condition called Duputren's contracture to develop Peyronies.
I say "developed Peyronies Disease" because this is not a true "disease". It is a condition. And, you can't "catch" it from anyone.
This "disease" is simply a scar or plaque formation within or on the shaft of your penis that keeps your penis from obtaining a proper erection.
If you get a scar on your hand or your face you don't have a disease. Do you? Of course not!
If this scar inhibits your movement, you have a condition. That's all.
Because the scar in the shaft of your penis causes a problem it was, unfortunately, named a "disease". It is not. It's just a scar.
But, because this scar makes your penis bend
in a strange even horrifying way, you may feel totally embarrassed, humiliated, and depressed.
You can relax now. You simply have a condition that requires some simple attention.
99.9% of the time, you can fix this problem easily. All by yourself.
"Virtually any bent penis can be straightened
easily and without surgery."
In any event, a proper medical examination will give you peace of mind.
How will it give you peace of mind? Well, a bent penis caused by this "disease" is very easy to fix ! And it does not require a dangerous surgery 99.99% of the time.
So, if you have a bent penis that you didn't have before and you answered yes to some or all of the above questions, go see a good Urologist.
If he says you have "Peyronies Disease" you can take a big sigh of relief and smile! That's right, rejoice! Be happy you don't have some really terrible disease. Even though you think this looks terrible, it's not!
It's a simple condition. With some correct penis traction, it is very easy to fix a bent penis 99.99% of the time. Even a severely bending one!